Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Blueberry Deluxe Baked CheeseCake



Tonight's Dessert: Blueberry Swirl Cheesecake
I guess my hubby must be having a wonderful dessert time :)


Cream Cheezzzzzzzzz
Love cream cheese and blueberry so much, they are such a great combination together ^^
A slice of blueberry cheesecake, I pipe some cream cheese frosting aside to make it look
more elegant and not so lonely!





Baked cheesecake always easy to cut through when you are doing the portioning.
 They are always set into nice creamy texture no matter how bad or good it turns out.
So, you will have less messy and neat cut.
I am inserting the blueberry flavour into this cheesecake by using blueberry puree.
I guess washing the strainer after that is the hardest time :P
Cheesecake Base: Use any sweet biscuit that you like. Normally people use Marie Biscuits, I am using milk arrowroot biscuits though.
My first time using food processor to process the base together with the butter.
It turns out beautiful fine and crumbly texture, love it!
Cheese Mixture is done : because of the cream cheese, I do strain the mixture before I pour it into baking pan.
This is to remove any cheese lumps, you want to achieve smooth texture without any lumps.
There we go, lastly I pour over the puree.
Using  a fork or butter knife to create a swirl effect.
Remember just do it lightly, do not overdo it!
Bake it a lower temperature as it takes time.
I left it in the oven for another 1 hour (oven turned off) with oven door ajar

so that the cheesecake will set properly.
Out from oven!
Still warm, chill it in the fridge for 2 hours before you remove from the pan and serve it.

Taaa Daaaaa!!! I also serve the cake with a small amount of piped cream cheese aside.
Can you resist this hehehehehehe?

No comments: